In New York City...
• Each night more than 60,000 people -- including more than 23,000 children -- experience homelessness.
• Currently 54,667 homeless men, women, and children bed down each night in the NYC municipal shelter system.
• Additionally, more than 5,000 homeless adults and children sleep each night in other public and private shelters, andthousands more sleep rough on the streets or in other public spaces.
• During the course of each year, more than 111,000 different homeless New Yorkers, including more than 40,000 children, sleep in the municipal shelter system.
• The number of homeless New Yorkers in shelters has risen by 75 percent since 2002.